Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dylan's last 800 and 1600

Track season is coming to a close. Dylan ran the 800 and the 1600m races on Tuesday.
It was hot again, about 85degrees. He's ending his high school career doing great. He ran the mile first and got a PR.


He was ninth in his heat so he didn't qualify to run today.
He also got a PR in the 800 and also didn't qualify for finals today.

Bailey didn't qualify for semi-finals Tuesday so she went as a cheerleader-of sorts. Very spirited, down to the gold eye shadow and green and gold polka dotted fingernails.Here she is with Marisa at attention for the Star Spangled Banner.Here are Grandma and Grandpa sweltering in the stands.Today they will both run the 2 mile races. Bailey runs first at 3pm and then Dylan wont run until about 8pm. It is supposed to be in the mid 90's so I think we will leave after Bailey runs. Eat some dinner and then go back for Dylan's race.

After the meet, we came home and found Wrinkles after binging on Yoplait Whips, passed out in a drunken yogurt stupor sleeping on her squeaky squirrel. No wonder she cant catch the rabbits anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Dylan and Bailey! Once, I ran 6 miles. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. I am still recovering! I love seeing Grandma and Grandpa getting to see Dylan and Bailey at these events! (Even if they are sweltering!) I hope you all, (especially Grandma and Colleen), have a great Mother's Day!

colleenk said...

Wow, I have never run 6 miles. I think I ran 1 mile about 20 years ago and only because Shawn made me!
Thanks for always commenting. It's always nice to read your comments and I hope you have a great mothers day too!!!